Reports to: AVP, Private Banking
At Allegacy, there’s a common thread that runs through all of us. It’s our commitment to doing right and our promise to members to always do the right thing for their wellbeing. Every employee in our organization is accountable to living out our brand in meaningful ways as our promise motivates our beliefs, our behaviors, and the benefits we share together.
Nature and Scope
This position will be a team member of Private Banking whose responsibility is to identity and develop, manage and retain full service consumer banking relationships of qualified members. Consult and recommend solutions to help members attain financial goals, acting as a liaison to other lines of business, to deepen the member relationship (Business Services, Mortgage Lending, Allegacy Investment Group, Business Development, Digital and Retail).
Position takes a public role in developing and maintaining relationships of Allegacy Federal Credit Union to its local community as well as other communities it serves.
This position is responsible for meeting the annual Private Banking portfolio goals. Internally, this position is responsible for collaboration with all lines of business and back office teammates to ensure the best member experience and cross collaboration efforts to deepen the member relationship. Externally, this position involves managing their members’ daily financial servicing needs, providing concierge level service.
- Deep financial product and process knowledge (of needs and services for high net worth members and business owners) with a commitment to deliver superior member service with professionalism, sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Provide superior service to existing clients and build a network of prospective business, centers of influence and community awareness for Private Banking and Allegacy.
- Ability to work independently, to manage multiple priorities, act with confidentiality and apply interpersonal skills to retain and build member relationships.
- Demonstrate enthusiastic support of corporate mission, core values and long-term objectives. Performs job duties within our bylaws, regulations, Board of Directors policies, established internal and external service standards and our work procedures.
- Professional business writing and excellent verbal communication skills.
- Position requires NMLS
- Bachelor’s degree in economics or finance preferred
- Five years’ experience in financial services (banking and/or financial advising)
- Working knowledge and experience working with financial statements, trust accounts (including how they are structured (Revocable, Irrevocable, Grantors, Trustee, Beneficiaries, EIN vs. SSN), business accounts, wire transfers, IRA accounts.
- Working knowledge and successful loan production history
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Docusign