Position Title: Senior Business Services Officer
Reports to: SVP, Business Services
At Allegacy, there’s a common thread that runs through all of us. It’s our commitment to doing right and our promise to members to always do the right thing for their wellbeing. Every employee in our organization is accountable to living out our brand in meaningful ways as our promise motivates our beliefs, our behaviors, and the benefits we share together. In order to achieve this state of success, this position will focus on identifying, soliciting, developing, underwriting, and managing business loan and deposit relationships in a regional market while participating in Allegacy’s community-focused business development protocol.
· Deliver exceptional service to every member (both internal and external) in alignment with our Brand Culture.
· Meet or exceed established production and service goals.
· Ensure thorough understanding of expectations and consistently exhibit Allegacy behaviors.
· Consistently call on potential and existing business members (within company footprint) to develop and maintain profitability through lending and non-lending relationships.
· Identify, recommend approval, and service loans for businesses within policy and limits of authority.
· Converse with business owners to understand business model, ascertain needs, abilities, earnings, and risk; request necessary financial information.
· Counsel companies with regard to cash flow, risk analysis, loan structure, and resource referrals.
· Analyze loan requests in conjunction with Credit Officer using appropriate risk analysis to include cash flow, collateral and guarantor analysis. Recommend terms, conditions and structure within credit policy.
· Prepare loan approval package and present/recommend to appropriate higher authority.
· Monitor loans to ensure continuous conformity with terms and to keep abreast of changing business and economic developments that impact the loan portfolio, its profitability, and credit union/banking in general.
· Ensure and manage the portfolio for accurate loan documentation, exception issues and loan processing in accordance with NCUA regulations and standard operating procedures and Allegacy Lending policy.
· Service delinquent and special asset accounts as required.
· Develop, originate, and close business deposits that meet or exceed annual deposit goals.
. Utilize expertise of Treasury Services Officer to fully meet deposit needs of Member.
· Ensure business relationships are fully developed, including specific efforts to serve the retail banking needs of the owners/management/employees by partnering with other Allegacy team members and advisors, (i.e. the Branch Staff, Investments and Benefits).
· Demonstrate enthusiastic support of corporate mission, core values and long-term objectives. Performs job duties within our bylaws, regulations, Board of Directors policies, established internal and external service standards and our work procedures.
· Represent AFCU in the community by actively participating in civic affairs and local and professional organizations to identify and develop new Business Members and enhance AFCU’s image.
· Collaborate with teammates to ensure quality and timeliness of Member experience.
· Possess effective knowledge of the credit union’s products and services.
· Completion of all required training to include BSA.
· Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
· Education: 4 year college degree in Business or related area from an accredited college or university or related training, such as: Commercial Bank Lending School (or similar program), Stonier or LSU graduate.
· Experience: Five to seven years business lending experience.
· Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Strong outbound business development, negotiation and relationship building skills. Strong comprehension of credit and finance. Working knowledge of computer applications, to include Excel and Word. Proven ability to work well in a teamwork environment and to balance individual production, relationship management and other company demands. Excellent phone, oral, written and presentation skills. Must be able to travel as necessary, and project a positive and professional image of Allegacy Federal Credit Union.