Greensboro and High Point are commonly known for many things: the beautiful art, the rich history, and the delectable food, to name a few. What is often overlooked, but plentiful in this area, are kid-friendly activities where you can enjoy all the best parts of the Triad area together as a family! No matter the age, the following list of activities are sure to be enjoyed by each member of your household.
Updated: January 2023
Sometimes everyone needs a breather – check out the following activities that can be enjoyed in the beautiful outdoors.
Check out and play in a local park/playground:
Sports Related Activities
Greensboro and High Point are also very sports oriented. Check out the list below on where to watch and play sports in the area!
Cheer for your favorite team/player at one of the following sporting events:
- Greensboro Grasshoppers: April-September
- Greensboro Swarm: November-March
- High Point Rockers: April-September
- Wyndham Championship: August
Get active and sign up to play a sport with the following organizations:
- Sign up for a dance class at Bella Ballerina. They offer tap and ballet classes for all ages.
- Join a contact sports team with the Spears Family YMCA. They offer teams for basketball, flag football, soccer, and more!
- Train for your favorite sport at Proehlific Park. They offer after-school care, summer camps, and drop-in days.
- Become an athlete at Greensboro Parks and Recreation. Cheerleading, football, kickball, and softball are only some of the sports teams you can join!
- Jump, tumble, and roll at The Little Gym of Greensboro with a gymnastics class
When the weather won’t cooperate and the kiddos are getting a little stir-crazy, check out the following activities that can be enjoyed indoors whether rain or shine!
- Buy/Read a book at one of the several listed libraries/bookstores: Greensboro Public Library, Central Library, Greesnboro City Library, High Point Public Library, Jamestown Public library, Scuppernog Book Store, McKay’s Book Store.
- Take a leap at one of the many trampoline parks: Sky Zone, Altitude, Velocity 360 Fun Zone, Rockin’ Jump, Airbound, Get Air
- Crawl around in the indoor playground at Safari Nation
- Play pinball at Boxcar Arcade. You can also play skeeball, basketball, and other arcade games.
- Skate around the rink at Greensboro Ice House
- Watch a show at the Tanger Center for Performing Arts
- Visit Scuppernog Book Store
Scuppernog Book Store
Because Greensboro is known for its abundant history, check out a museum to keep your child’s mind learning and growing:
- Get your child’s imagination running at the Miriam P. Brenner Children’s Museum in Greensboro or the Nido & Mariana Qubein Children’s Museum in High Point
- Check out the zoo and aquarium at the Greensboro Science Center
- Teach your children about equality at the International Civil Rights Center & Museum
- Make sure your children know all about the very place they are growing up in at the Greensboro History Museum
- View colorful and decorative art exhibits at the Weatherspoon Art Museum
Greensboro and High Point give kids plenty of opportunity to get their creative juices flowing with the following activities:
- Attend a children’s charcuterie class with Wanderlust Boards
- Create a piece of pottery at Mad Splatter Pottery Studio
- Attend a music/movement class at Joyful Noise kindermusik
- Sing your heart out with Greensboro Youth Chorus
- Paint a masterpiece at the Painted Grape “Grape Kids” Open Studio
- Visit Wanderlust Workshop
During the long summer hours, it’s nice to take a breath and relax. Check out the following movie programs: